General Rules Dec 23, 2007 11:45:24 GMT -5
Post by Indigo Wintertrap on Dec 23, 2007 11:45:24 GMT -5
Most Importantly, have fun! I know this will all sound really serious but the rules are like that so that we can have a good time. I'm honestly not that uptight (ask anyone! lol) so don't let the rules scare you off
: Carpe Diem :
- Carpe Diem is a stray/feral cat role-play. No other animals are allowed and no other types of cats are allowed (ie. Housecat)
- This is not a Warriors Role-play. There are no clans, no leaders, no medicine-cats and Firestar and his gang never existed. If you wish to use one of their names for your last name you may though it is preferred you are original. There is no WindClan, ThunderClan, etc. so your cat cannot have come from there.
: Activity and Warnings :
- You are expected to be active
- You must log on at least every week.
- You must post in character at least once a week.
- By not obeying the above rules you risk having your character and your account possibly deleted. You can also gain warning levels -25% for every month you do not log on though this isn't always exact. Roughly that though. To get the warning removed you must become more active on the site.
- Breaking any of the site rules will result in a warning that will be displayed in your mini-profile. Once your warning level reaches 100% you will be banned from the forum and your character killed off. Feel free to contact me if you feel any warning given was unjust, I'll see what I can do to compromise. Warning can be lowered once in a while if I feel you have visibly improved in behavior.
: Absences :
- If you are going to be absent for more than a week, you must leave a note on the Absences board (a sub-board of the Out-of-Character Extras board). Just let us know when you'll be back approximately.
- If you're really busy, you should probably leave a note letting us know that you'll be inactive for a while.
- Notes of absence/inactivity lasting an undetermined amount of time are only good for two months and then you're accounts risk being deleted.
- That being said, if anyone is going on a trip, per say, for more than two months, that is fine. The above rule is concerning ambiguous notes of absence where members say, for example, just that they'll be inactive/absent for an undetermined amount of time.
: Non-playable Characters :
- Non-playable characters (NPCs) are a really cool thing to have around the site, especially since its set on the streets with lots of stray cats. Basically, they are characters that are not controlled by a specific member but can be power-played in anyone, whether it be a brief run-in or even a fight.
- You cannot have a thread with just your character and an NPC. You may begin a post with an interaction with an NPC but another cat that is not an NPC should join.
- NPCs can be power-played but in order to kill them you must check it out with me first, though it will probably be a yes unless they are needed as part of a plot.
- NPCs are created by myself for plot or entertainment purposes but can be created only by members who have permission.
- If there is an NPC that you would like to adopt as a full character then you just need to PM me and we'll sort it out. You'd have to add to the bio if it wasn't long enough, of course.
: Role-playing [Posting] :
- Minimum words per post is 100 but try and post more if possible. This is the absolute least for if you have no muse or no time.
- You are expected to have semi-decent writing skills.
- No ch4t sp3ak in posts. No saying "She loled". Zero tolerance.
- Bold speech and Italicize thoughts.
- Swearing while in character is allowed but try not to be over excessive if you don't have to.
- There is NO power-playing (making your character invincible) or god-modding (controlling another members' character(s) - unless you have their permission and have notified me beforeheand) whatsoever. End of story. No ifs , ands or buts.
: Role-Playing [Threads] :
- No color changing allowed in posts whatsoever.
- You may blockquote a post if you wish but only once or twice
your post would go here
your post would go here
*This changes the indents and formatting of the post
- Once you have registered you may be in two threads at once. The only thing is that you must have a sense of chronology - one thread must have come before the other. Ie. No posting in Thread B where you're talking about something that happened in Thread A AND posting in Thread A talking about something that happened in Thread B even if the event has already happened when you are posting,
You must pick which one came first.
- Once you have been a member for a month your thread limit goes up to five.
*Note: If you are making a second character you can be in five threads right away - you just need to have been on the site with at least one accepted account for a month.
- You must put a chronological (timewise) list of the threads you are currently in in your sig. From the one that happened first to most recent.
: Fighting :
- Fights can happen whenever, wherever and can be over whatever.
- There is to be no power-playing (making your character invincible) or god-modding (controlling another member's character without both their and my permission) while fighting. It is also not allowed at any other time.
- You may fight with teeth, claws, throwing sand in their eyes, whipping back branches at them, attempting to push them back into the water, etc. but you are not allowed to use knives, guns or man-made weapons at all.
- Sometimes it's difficult to tell whether something is officially power-playing or not. I try to use my best judgment when making calls and I try to be as fair as possible. If you are unhappy you can PM me privately and we'll discuss it. Don't just complain OOC in the thread please.
: Mating and Breeding :
- When you have mated you must head to the board 'Births' (sub-board of 'Biographies') and both parents-to-be must fill out the form provided there in the same thread which should be titled [Father x Mother]
- I will post the basic stats of your kittens and then a due date they can be born on.
- There is to be no forced mating unless you have contacted me and agreed with the other member - they must have also contacted me.
- No graphic content is to be posted in the forum.
- You may breed anytime from one day before the due date to five days after it. If you do not breed within this time and have not notified me to let me know you are unable to, your cat will lose the litter.
- Due dates are usually two to three weeks after the mating.
- The number and basic stats of the kittens will be posted by me in your thread on the board 'Births' (sub board of 'Biographies') and you must follow them.
: Nenbrook :
- Nenbrook is the name of the imaginary town in which Carpe Diem takes place. It's location is not exact but it has a typical North-American seasonal calendar. Basically, it's hot in the summer and cold in the winter.
- The Old Road is the place where most cats must start off. It is where they are dumped by their owners and where they must commence their lives on the street. Your cat must have started out as a housecat - they may not have been born as a stray. The only exception to this rule is if it is a second generation Carpe Diem cat (two cats in our role-play have kittens- the kittens may be born as a stray). If a cat ha run away from their owners, they do not need to post here first.
- The Outskirts of Town are a nice place for the city cats who enjoyed scavenging for food and dodging humans with every step. These cats are usually fascinated with human development and quite at home in the city.
- Moving outwards from town, after visiting the outskirts, you'd encounter Acres of Farmland. Here, farm cats interact and have a grand time, lazing in the sun chasing rats and finding scraps of leftover food. These cats are comfortable with their hunting skills but don't necessarily need to rely on them for survival.
- Home of the true wild cats, the Silvercrest Woods is an old but beautiful forest home to many small animals that make good prey. Humans rarely visit the woods and when they do, they don't usually leave stuff behind so if you have problems with hunting for you food instead of scavenging it, the woods are definitely not the place for you.
: Characters :
- One character per account. End of story.
- You must set your display name to the name of your character.
- You start out with one character, thats' it. As you start role-playing you can create more characters (each on seperate accounts). Here's the how-to:
- To create your second character you must have been a member for a month. That's all.
- It costs 50 points for a third character and 100 points for a fourth.
- Once you have 4+ character, if you want another the price is the same BUT you must get my permission to create the account - do so by applying on the thread titled 'Characters' on the biography board.
- You can also win extra characters in contests and such held throughout the forum.
- Cats in Carpe Diem will live to be about 10 years old. They must be dead by their 11th birthday, absolute latest. You may find this unrealistic but remember two things: these cats are living hard lives- they are not pampered pets that go to the vet every year. Also, this is a role-play, not real life.
- Cats in Carpe Diem are considered adults once they reach 1 year of age.
- Cats in Carpe Diem are considered to be sexually mature (they can mate and have kittens) when they reach 1 year of age.
: Account :
- When choosing your cat's name check to make sure no one else has the same last name unless your cat is supposed to be related to them (something they must have agreed on). Same first names are allowed but discouraged.
- The first name must be one word that is an English word having to do with nature, colors, spices, herbs, plants, etc. Examples: Sky, Leaf, Cinnamon, Juniper, Yarrow, Tarragon, etc.
For every twenty cats there is one slot available for a cat with a 'non-normal name'. A Non-normal name (NNN) is a name that is in another language or simply a mix of syllables that sounds cool but isn't anything. (ie. Ahjad)
If you wish to role-play a cat with a non-normal name you must check to see how many available slots there are and then PM the following form to me
[b]Ooc Name :[/b]
[b]Cats on the site :[/b]
[b]Name you want :[/b]
[b]Ideas for the cat you want it for :[/b]
[b]Why they have a non-normal name:[/b]*
[b]Your Points :[/b]
*There must be a reason (ie. They only remember being with humans and go by the name the humans gave them.)
View the census to see how many slots are available.
- The last name is constructed similar to the first name but has two components. Examples: Skyberry, Leafstep, Windcry, Brokensleet, Raindance, etc.
- You must set your display name to your character's name - first and last. It may not include symbols of any sort and should be capitalized where needed.
- You may use one of the site's avatars (Click 'Avatars' in the side-bar to see them) or your own. If you use your own there can be no text and it must be set at 100 x 100 pixels.
- You must use an avatar that looks like your cat. I can change eye color so if that's a problem just PM and I'll edit the avatar you like. I can also make avatars from pics you have if there's a specific one you like.
- If you are using a site avatar, make sure to claim it so that no one else uses it as well. Once you do so it will be removed from the up-for-grabs list.
- Your signature must contain a chronological list of the threads you are currently in.
- You signature may be no bigger than 500 pixels in width and 400 pixels in height.
- Signatures may be 'clickables' as well, meaning that clicking on the signature takes you to the full version of the sig (which would be larger than the maximum and therefor not allowed by itself). Usually the image then says 'Click Here For Full View' or something like that on it. Here is the code for those who would like to do so but do not know how:
[link=urlogfullsizeimagegoeshere] [IMG]clickableurlgoeshere[/img] [/link]
- You must set your gender to that of your cat.
- You ust set your personal text to l Age ; Coat Color Coat Pattern ; Eye Color l
l 3 years ; Black White Splotch ; Green Eyes l
This is a 3 year old cat with black fur, white splotches and green eyes.
: Out Of Character [OOC] :
- Be polite to the other members of the site: respect has to and must be be both ways.
- Swearing in the c-box or on the chat board is perfectly fine as long as you are not swearing at or about someone. That will instantly get you warned a good amount and possibly banned. I have very little tolerance for people who are rude or mean about other members. If you're posting a thread on the chat board with a ton of swearing I'd prefer you put [Mature Language] or something of that sorts in the title. It's not a rule but it's greatly appreciated and will earn you brownie points!
- The staff are the law of the site. Respect them and they will respect you. Show them little respect or rudeness and you could be gone the next day. We will be polite to you if you are polite to us. The words of the staff are the law and they will be obeyed. Rules can be chaged but if you have a problem with one, let us know- do not just go around breaking it.
- There is to be no bullying or harassing of other members. End of story. I have no tolerance for bullies and being mean and rude to everyone else could very well get you a one-way ticket out of here.
- If you are having a problem with another member (especially if concerning the above rule) let a staff member know, who should in turn let me know. Don't go around badmouthing them and arguing/fighting everywhere cause that only means you've sunk to their level. I don't care who started it, if I find two members being rude and mean with each other you will both suffer consequences. It's much better if you ignore them, let me know and let me deal with it. Then the staff aren't mad at you whatsoever.
- Just because your character doesn't get along with someone else's IC there's no reason to dislike that member OOC. They could be really nice even if their character is a stuck up snob lol.